Circ worked with HealthCommunities.com to redesign and rebuild their web content structure and interface, and prepare it for Content Management integration. The success of the design has enabled the HealthCommunities brand to leverage the editorial assets of its parent company, Remedy Health Media, create a renewed focus, convert user registration, and foster ongoing engagement.
As part of Remedy Health Media‘s trusted family of award winning products, HealthCommunities.com is an online health and wellness resource that covers over 650 diseases and conditions and offers a range of articles, tools, and apps on health topics for women, men, kids, and even pets. HealthCommunities.com adds value to the lives of its audience on a daily basis by serving as an interactive hub for all things “Health,” and develops meaningful conversations within its user-base.
But even with a strong parent brand and comprehensive offering, the HealthCommunites.com brand is challenged to differentiate itself in a crowded environment entrenched with major players like WebMD.com and EverydayHealth.com.
To improve the user experience and brand differentiation, Circ provided HealthCommunities.com with:
– New, clear, information architecture
– A clean, fresh, open experience with a friendly and intuitive user interface
– Functionality that is suited for both desktop and mobile environments
– Improved, consistent navigation accessing health topic landing pages and dynamic article pages
– Interactive tools for social sharing and audience participation via polls and quizzes
– Seamless integration of content and products from partners Johns Hopkins and UC Berkeley
– Integration of the Remedy Health Media suite of tools and apps
At Circ, we understand that all great brands live in conversations, and we design new and creative ways to engage consumer audiences. To that end, the HealthCommunities.com design was a strategic effort in the evolution of their brand. Partnering with HealthCommunities.com has not only sparked meaningful conversations within its user-base, allowing more positive relationships to form between the brand and its consumers, but has also lead to positive business results for our client and ourselves.
“We had a really solid partner in Circ for this project,” says Patrick Assey, EVP of Digital at Remedy Health Media. “They understood our challenges and goals and worked with us diligently to overhaul our site experience. The outcome is a site that’s much more intuitive—one that has end-users and advertisers alike singing our praises!”